Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Maze!

Week three and things are getting physical...PHYSICAL (sing it).  Friday I told you guys that we were introduced to all of gear and our SCBA (breathing apparatus) and ran the tower a few times to get a feel for everything.  Well, Yesterday we ran JOSET in our gear and were introduced to the MAZE!  We are just finding all kinds of new friends out there at the training grounds.

The maze was kind of fun and kind of scary too.  Remember when you were a kid and you made tents in the living room out of chairs and blankets and crawled around under there.  It was kind of like that only take away the snacks, flashlight and your parents in the next room.  Now add a 50 pound monkey on your back and people "encouraging you sternly" to get through.  Yesterday wasn't so bad except my helmet fell off once and Sky (an instructor) helped me put it back on...Today my helmet fell off again but this time my cylinder was halfway off along with my boot, and I had my teammates behind me freaking me and themselves out trying to get past me.  We finally all calmed down with the help of Fender (one of our other instructors) and we all got through.  whew!!!

There were a few that didn't make it through today because they freaked out a little.  There is this little tiny tube in the beginning that you have to squeeze your way through and that plays a little mind game with you.  I have faith that they will make it though tomorrow!!

Gotta go study!!  I only made a 79 on my pop quiz today and that is just not going to put me at the top of my class academically!!!   Study Study!!

No comments:

Post a Comment